Sunday, July 5, 2015

Homemade Blackberry Bread

Homemade Blackberry Bread



One of the fondest memories I have from my childhood is picking fresh blackberries. It is my favorite jam and certainly my favorite cobbler. Nothing says "July" for me quite like blackberry picking. We are lucky that we can pick them on our own land, but I do keep my eye out for them as we travel through the back roads on the mountain. I found this recipe a few years back and this is one of my favorite breads. I know it will become one of yours, too! Enjoy!


Ingredients:

1/4 cup crushed blackberries
3 eggs
1 cup corn oil
2 cups sugar
1 cup apple sauce
3/4 cup chopped apples
2 T. vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder


Directions:

Cream together the first 7 ingredients until well mixed. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Divide between 3 well-greased medium loaf pans. Bake for 40-50 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool on wire rack for about 15 minutes before taking out of pans. Also makes great blackberry muffins.

Presented by: The Creamery

1 comment:

  1. That blackberry bread looks so enticing! And knowing that it's homemade and you personally picked the berries that you used makes me think it’s yummier than it looks. Thanks for the recipe, Patara. I'll surely try to bake one, one of these days. Have a great day!

    Faith Thomas @ The Berry Farm

    ReplyDelete