Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ice Cream Bread








"Ummm... did she just say ice cream AND bread in one title? Did I just read that correctly?" 
Why, yes. Yes, you did. I had the same reaction when I saw this recipe scroll through my feed this week. First, I took a double take. Then, I wondered how that would taste? Finally, I fretted over wasting precious ice cream over a failed recipe and then... it just felt worth it. And boy, was it ever. It didn't last long!

This recipe is fantastic. It just happened to work out that I had the 4 needed ingredients on hand (only 4!). We had planned on making Dutch Oven Cobblers on our wood stove. What is any cobbler without vanilla ice cream? I just can't bear the thought of that so, having fresh ice cream it was...


So, fresh bread it was, too!



Here are the 4 ingredients:

  • 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour 
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Directions:

Simply mix the 4 ingredients till mixed. Pour thick batter into an 8x4 bread pan that has been thoroughly sprayed or simply cover the bottom with parchment paper. I used parchment in the bottom of my 8x4 cast iron pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Simply check the bread once finished with a toothpick. Remove from pan. Cool. Slice. Be amazed!



*Thanking 12tomatoes.com and Taste of Home for the recipe! 
xoxo
Patara

No comments:

Post a Comment