Saturday, January 24, 2015

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent with 2 Ingredients!


A quick and easy recipe that really does the job in cleaning your dishes! If you are looking for an affordable and easy way to make your own, look no further! I have found this to be very effective and another example of how you can make many wonderful things to help you around the home with just a few key ingredients. Hope you try it because I know you're gonna love it! xo







Ingredients:

   - 2 cups Baking soda
   - 2 cup Super Washing soda
* - 5-10 drops essential oil (I used Thieves, but I think lemon or orange would be great, too!)

    -Mix all ingredients and store in an air tight container. Add 2 tablespoons per one load of dishes.

*Optional ingredient

Recipe adapted from LivingTraditionally.com

1 comment:

  1. I made your detergent recipe 3 months ago but I added orange essential oil. I have not tried it in my dishwasher but I tried it in my laundry. I normally use Calbens SeaFoam powdered laundry detergent. I tried your recipe washing my husbands work cloths. I added distilled white vinegar in the rinse and I was pleased by the results. I do not know why so many people who have homemade laundry soap recipes use borax as a main ingredient. Borax makes colors fade and the soap will not dissolve in cold water. I was wondering how much you use in your laundry? I use the scooper from my Calbens laundry detergent.

    ReplyDelete