- 1 Stick Butter
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- Dash of Salt
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3-4 Cups Fruit in Juice (canned, pie filling, Comstock or fresh fruit cooked down on stove top)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (For topping)
1. Place stick of butter into 9x13 baking dish. While oven is preheating at 350 degrees, allow the stick of butter to melt and grease (Yum up) the baking dish~
2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and 3/4 cup sugar together in one bowl~
3. Add milk. If too firm, add a dash more...
4. Pour batter (should be like a thick pancake batter) over melted butter~
5. Place fruit on top of batter~
6. Pour juice over fruit and batter~
7. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over top and any additional spices, too~
8. Bake for approximately 45 minutes at 350 degrees~
9. Cool and enjoy!
Below is a video on how I make cobbler in my dutch oven during the winter months on our wood stove! Cobblers are a true Appalachian treat for anytime of the year!