Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Baguette Mini Pizzas For Everyone!

Once in a blue moon, I cheat. I confess! In fact, I'd say I cheat more than that, but we'll stop there. I love making homemade pizzas. Nothing beats them. The dough I make is just so wonderful. Throw on homemade sauce with fresh cheese and spices not to mention fresh basil, tomatoes, and peppers from my garden... oh my. But honestly, time is an issue on this homestead on many days. Breakfast, barn chores, milking a cow, feeding every critter, cleaning stalls, straining milk, running with Cochise and more takes up a lot of space every morning. Then, the house chores... then the homeschooling and dishes and then boom! "Mom! I'm hungry! What's for lunch!?" It's the jobs of every homesteading homeschooling mom out there and that's if the weather and stars are lined up and working with you that day...

So, I look for quick and easy lunches. My boys absolutely love these mini pizzas! They are so easy and even make great appetizers for any event, especially if kids are involved. You can customize them as much as you want for each person which is exactly what I do. In less than 15 minutes from start to finish, you will be blown away at how easy and delicious these are and your troops will love you even more than they already do!


Items needed:

- 1 Baguette bread

- Pizza/Marinara sauce
- Shredded pizza cheese of your choice
- Pizza toppings-pepperoni, peppers, basil, tomatoes, olives...
- Spices - I use a specialized pizza topper blend from my local Mennonites - a basil, oregano, salt, pepper, & parmesan cheese mix, but use what you like!



Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees

2. Slice baguette bread-I aim for 16 slices per loaf without the end slices
3. Line slices onto cookie or 1/2 baking sheet
4. Add sauce
5. Add cheese
6. Add spices
7. Add toppings
8. Cook at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes





 9. Enjoy and mom can relax!


XOXO
Patara








































No comments:

Post a Comment