Saturday, November 14, 2015

Homemade Sausage Balls ~

The holidays are here and they would not be the same without homemade sausage balls! They are so simple to make and I can assure you they are one of the first things to disappear. Everyone loves them. I make these as a fun finger food for events and they are a tradition (along with monkey bread) on Christmas morning! You can try different meat options with this recipe, too! I love both pork and venison as options. You may also change up how hot your meat is and mix up the type of cheese variations. It's totally up to you, but a winner for everyone! Enjoy!





Recipe:

-1 lb sausage (Pork or Venison)
-1 Cup baking mix (Bisquick or homemade)
-1 Cup+ shredded cheese (I love Cheddar or Colby Jack.)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Work dry ingredients (baking mix and shredded cheese) into the moist sausage until smooth and consistent. Spray large pan with coconut oil or spray of your choice. Once mixture is combined, pinch and roll sausage mixture into a ball. I shape ours into approximately 2 inches diameter or the average size you would use for cookies.




Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Enjoy!

xoxo


Patara

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe for your sausage balls. I have so many fond childhood memories of eating these. My Aunt and Nanny would make them EVERY Thanksgiving and Christmas. I haven't had them since I was about 15 (32 now) It will be so nice to make these this year to share with my 3 sons and husband

    ReplyDelete